FAQ’s - MALE ENHANCEMENT SUPPLEMENTS
1. What is a male enhancement supplement?
Men of all ages can suffer with sexual performance issues. Studies have shown that around 1 in 3 men of all ages have had an issue with gaining an erection or maintaining it. Around 80% of men over the age of 40 have done some research into male enhancements in one way or another.*
Male enhancement supplements use natural ingredients, such as herbs, vitamins, minerals and amino acids in an attempt to boost libido and improve the flow of blood to the penis. Most products provide a temporary boost in this area while other products make claims that they can permanently increase the size of the male member – a claim that is without foundation. The only way to achieve this is through surgery.*
2. Why are there products out there that Do Not Work?
There are different reasons that a product might not work for you or at all. Scientific tests are not always required to back up the claims made by a manufacturer of natural supplements. The reasons that these products may not work are-
- Every man is different. An ingredient or product that may have a profound effect on one man may have no effect at all on another. Some products have similar ingredients but in a different formulation so that they may be more or less effective on men.
- The ingredients may look like they will work but if they are not included in enough quantity then they won’t have the desired effect. The potency level of a supplement has a huge effect on whether it works.
- Individual ingredients may work well on their own but when combined they may counteract each other or lessen the positive effect. The right combination leads to an effective formula.
3. Which is the best male enhancement product for me?
There is no magic bullet here that will help every man. But there are certain things that you should look for that will help. A boost to the nitric oxide levels is an important start as this helps with blood flow. Also look out for ingredients that promote a strong libido.
Look for scientific research on the following websites as they are impartial and show data rather than opinions-
- For scientific reports go to www.consumerlabs.com
- To see the results of studies go to Pubmed – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
4. What is the best way to go about buying from an online seller?
You need peace of mind when buying online. Look out for the basic consumer protections that will keep you safe when buying a male enhancement supplement –
- Find a seller that has a physical address and phone number based in the United States
- Make sure that the product is manufactured in the US and in a FDA and GMP registered facility
- Look for a company that provides information about them and their set up.
There are some warning signs that you should look for when browsing a company’s website. If they make claims that the product is endorsed by a fake doctor or pornstar then look elsewhere. If they claim that their product will permanently enlarge your penis without surgery then these are false claims and you should not buy. *
5. How Do I spot a Scam?
It isn’t always easy to spot a scam. These websites are professional and look great. But behind them lurk scamsters that want your credit card details.
The biggest trick to look out for is the ‘free trial.’ In this they offer you a free product if you pay for the shipping and handling fee. But as they gather your credit card details for this, they auto-enroll you into sending a new supply of the product month after month. They are expensive and the company makes unsubscribing difficult to do.
Something else to look out for again is the claim to permanently enlarge your penis. This is not possible without surgery and any company making this claim is not to be trusted.
There are also unscrupulous sellers that will claim to include ingredients that are not legal to be sold in the US. Avoid these web-sites at all costs.*
6. Is there any Science behind a male enhancement product?
In short, yes.
There are two ways that a male enhancement product can help. Firstly they can increase blood flow which helps achieve an erection*
Secondly products can increase libido or sex drive. In men this naturally peaks around the age of 25 and then naturally declines with age. There are natural herbs which have been used by people in many parts of the world for hundreds of years to improve mood and drive.
7. Are there any safety issues?
Natural products are considered to be safe. As with any new supplement, it is always recommended that you consult your physician, especially if you are on any medication.
Certain ingredients are not safe, however and they have caused severe side effects in users. D-aspardic acid and yohimbe can cause reactions in men and any supplement containing these should be more thoroughly researched.*
8. Can I take a Male enhancement product with Alcohol?
It is not recommended to take with alcohol. Natural products are shown to not react with alcohol in any way but to be safe we recommend that you take the supplement at least 30 minutes before drinking alcohol. Again consult your doctor if you have any questions about this.
9. Can you recommend any male enhancement supplements?
Our top ten products can be found right on lifesyoung.com They have been assessed for effectiveness and safety among our stringent criteria.